Cream egg Chocolate Brownie
Butter - 200g
Soft Brown Sugar - 350g
Eggs - 4
Sponge Flour - 200g
Cocoa Powder - 40g
Plain Chocolate - 300g
Crème Eggs cut in half - 6
Tray bake tray, buttered and lined with baking parchment - 1
· Place the butter and brown sugar into a saucepan and melt together on the stove. Once the butter and sugar has melted, remove from the heat to cool down.
· Put the eggs into a mixing bowl, and whisk together for 2 minutes.
· Sift together the sponge flour and cocoa powder.
· Melt the chocolate in a metal bowl over a pan of warm water (do not let the water get too hot or the chocolate will split)
· Once the chocolate has melted add to the egg mixture, then add the flour/cocoa powder mixture and the sugar/butter mixture.
· Whisk together until all the ingredient are combined.
· Transfer the mixture into the prepared tray bake tray.
· Place onto a tray and bake at a temperature of 160°C for approximately 15 minutes.
· After 15 minutes push the cut in half crème eggs into the top of the brownie mix and cook for a further 5 minutes.